Before booking your event at the ASU Convocation Center, we suggest that you read through our preplanning section to ensure you have all the necessary information, so your event runs smoothly.
- Determine the meeting or event purpose (board meeting, wedding, prom, lecture, etc.).
- Determine how many guests you will be expecting to attend your event. Simply stating between 3 and 50 is not accurate.
- Determine meeting dates.
- Are the dates and/or days of the week for your event flexible?
- Create an outline for each session or activity, including expected attendance, seating arrangements, required setup times, starting and ending times, and audio/visual and production or other technical needs.
- Prepare a timeline for producing invitations, event promotion, registration and production of meeting materials.
- Budget for all expenses and calculate expenses for meeting participants.
Meeting Room Setup/Configurations
- How many tables and chairs will be needed?
- Can you supply a room diagram?
- What style of room arrangement would work best?
- Will food be served at the event?
- Will the event require microphones, sound or lights?
- Will the event include a PowerPoint presentation?
- Will the presentation be on disk, CD, flash drive or networked?
- Will the event require a data projector, VCR, TV, laptop or wireless network?
- Do you need supplies? Who will be providing them?
- Can you afford the technical support, if the event requires it?
- Are your guests familiar with ASU? Are your guests familiar with Jonesboro?
- Should ASU be aware of any prominent guests that will be attending?
- Plan entertainment and recreation needs, group activities and/or team-building exercises.
Sodexho Catering and Food Services
- For a list of menu items, click here.
- Determine if you would like us to decorate the food table or if you will do the room.
- Consider when you would like the meal to be served and ask about setup time. Make sure you allocate enough time for our employees to prepare the perfect meal.
- Be sure to double-check your food selections with your budget.
- Discuss any special requests or concerns with our staff.
Additional Items to Consider
- Will you require security for your event?
- Write down any deadlines you many need to meet such as deadline to order food or cancellation notice.
- Does your event comply with our policies and property restrictions?
- Smoking inside and outside The Convo is prohibited. In accordance with the Clean Air on Campus Act 734 of Arkansas, smoking is prohibited on state-supported institutions of higher education.